Adding FO to laundry soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AF_SOAP

Reaction score
So there is a place near me called buff city soap. They make your laundry soap on site and add whatever fragrance you like. I have been making my own laundry soap(Heavy lye coconut oil only soap), borax, washing soda, citric acid, oxiclean. But I never add any fragrance because to me the coconut oil soap gives a fresh clean smell by itself. Wouldn't adding the FO after the fact introduce oil to your clothing? Which, would be the reverse of what you would like?

If you use a dryer, try adding a few of drops of FO to a scrap of cloth and throwing that in the dryer with your wet laundry.

So there is a place near me called buff city soap. They make your laundry soap on site and add whatever fragrance you like. I have been making my own laundry soap(Heavy lye coconut oil only soap), borax, washing soda, citric acid, oxiclean. But I never add any fragrance because to me the coconut oil soap gives a fresh clean smell by itself. Wouldn't adding the FO after the fact introduce oil to your clothing? Which, would be the reverse of what you would like?
Fo's aren't oils like vegetable oils, so they wouldn't make the laundry less clean.

If you try it, take a look at the IFRA on the scent before you do, as there's a laundry limit as well. And a little goes a long, long way.

Latest posts

Back