Adding flowers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way it looks on other peoples' fancy soaps, but I don't think in practice it's good to have "stuff" on top of your soap, and I don't do it myself.

I incorporated calendula petals into my soap which includes calendula infused olive oil. I topped the same soap with calendula, blue cornflower, and rose petals. I just sprinkled them on. When I cut the soap, I cut it upside down so the cutting blade doesn't drag lines into the soap. The loose petals fall off when I cut the soap, leaving the petals that stuck well. I think it looks nice and doesn't really cause trouble when using it in the shower. When the petals get wet they get really flimsy and just go down the drain a few petals at a time. Hasn't seemed to plug the drain. Who knows, maybe my septic tank will be full of flower petals after a year or two. My husband won't touch that soap with a ten foot pole, but when I had a soap giveaway for my friends, most of those disappeared. They seem to like them. I haven't used lavender buds, though.

Attachments

• IMG_20220113_210726472.jpg
    IMG_20220113_210726472.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 16
I like the way it looks on other peoples' fancy soaps, but I don't think in practice it's good to have "stuff" on top of your soap, and I don't do it myself.
I agree. It can look very pretty, but I hate having botanical matter coming off on my skin and getting stuck to my shower walls, etc.

Back