Adding flowers

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha i have read some.
But i just I went thru the postings again and apparently i have missed a few postings from the people who feels the same like me....cool. so im not that weird for never putting botanicals in soap.
Thanks.
I don't like them either. 😝

maryloucb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the way it looks on other peoples' fancy soaps, but I don't think in practice it's good to have "stuff" on top of your soap, and I don't do it myself.

Momskaputt

Reaction score
I incorporated calendula petals into my soap which includes calendula infused olive oil. I topped the same soap with calendula, blue cornflower, and rose petals. I just sprinkled them on. When I cut the soap, I cut it upside down so the cutting blade doesn't drag lines into the soap. The loose petals fall off when I cut the soap, leaving the petals that stuck well. I think it looks nice and doesn't really cause trouble when using it in the shower. When the petals get wet they get really flimsy and just go down the drain a few petals at a time. Hasn't seemed to plug the drain. Who knows, maybe my septic tank will be full of flower petals after a year or two. My husband won't touch that soap with a ten foot pole, but when I had a soap giveaway for my friends, most of those disappeared. They seem to like them. I haven't used lavender buds, though.

Attachments

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I like the way it looks on other peoples' fancy soaps, but I don't think in practice it's good to have "stuff" on top of your soap, and I don't do it myself.
I agree. It can look very pretty, but I hate having botanical matter coming off on my skin and getting stuck to my shower walls, etc.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SoapWitch your Tangled design with the tiny flowers is one of my favorite designs ever. More work, but a beautiful alternative to botanicals.
tangled.JPG