Adding embellishments to soap bars after cut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue1969

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding a 3d perspective to my cut bars by "pasting" a little somthing on the corner or face of the cut bar. Has anyone got any experience or advice on this? All will be cp, no mp involved.

I have added embellishments to soaps after cutting the bars. If the soap is a bit older, It helps if you carve out a small portion out of the soap and use really moist soap dough as glue for the embeds and some water. If not too old, a small dab of water will do. Like here. (Fast forward to the 5 minute mark)
Or you can do the new embellishments out of soap dough right on the soap, like here (fast forward to the 7 minute mark).
Once I added a large embed on a corner as well, a grinch, for a soap I made for my niece (4:30 mark).
It is best if you do it soon after cutting. Another tip, Once I am done placing the embeds I like to spray the soap with water using a mister spray bottle. And I let it sit undisturbed until it dries as the water can make the embeds slippery if touched.

Just a thought....couldn't a small amount of soap batter that is at a thick trace be used to 'glue' the pieces on?

Say maybe use the spatula scrapings from the end process of making a soap batch to quickly glue on embellishments to the face / tops of the bars from another batch? Good way to use up small amounts of wastage as well, rather than leaving those bits in soap pitchers (especially if there's not enough to fill any cavity molds), I would think.

Or just mix up a very small batch of soap for the purpose of gluing embellishments onto already made bars?

I had great success with Glenda's idea. Scraped the embed a bit at the back with a needle, wet it with a brush, push together and leave - still sticking, although I have not yet used the soap.

I make a paste from any old or new soap shavings and a little DI water. I just mix them together in a dish and wait until the soap is soft enough to homogenize into a smooth paste-like consistency. It seems to work just fine. I also roughen up the two surfaces that will be glued by scoring them with a toothpick.

Latest posts

Back