Adding comb honey to CP soap???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsupthepoley

Reaction score
Hi folks. I found a chunk of heather honey in the comb at the back of a cupboard and was wondering.....

Could I add a chunk to my warm oils? Would that amount of bees wax upset the recipe?

Thanks.

Hi folks. I found a chunk of heather honey in the comb at the back of a cupboard and was wondering.....

Could I add a chunk to my warm oils? Would that amount of bees wax upset the recipe?

Thanks.

I just looked on my unit converter (and then also on google) and I couldn't find out how many grams there are in 1 chunk!

In seriousness, it would depend what the percentage the wax would be in your total oils.

I've added 5% beeswax to a recipe before and it made a lovely hard bar of soap. I soaped a little hotter than normal for me too, to prevent spots of it solidifying. As long as it's not too high a percentage it should be fine. I've never tried adding a comb though.

I just looked on my unit converter (and then also on google) and I couldn't find out how many grams there are in 1 chunk!

In seriousness, it would depend what the percentage the wax would be in your total oils.

Yes, I realise now!!! Maybe a tablespoon. Having melted down comb before there is very little wax in it.

I'll try it in the hot oils and soap at a higher temp. Don't think there will even by 5g of wax in a spoonful. Cheers

Back