Adding chocolate to soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cambree said:
Deda said:
Last year I made chocolate coffee soap and peppermint chocolate soap. Both times I used a high percentage of non-deo cocoa butter along with bakers chocolate and cocoa powder. The chocolate scent is still there.

Wow, your chocolate scent stayed all year. I want to make something like this too. I have a chocolate mint FO I've been wanting to use. And I want to add dark chocolate to it too.

Would the smell be due to the cocoa butter and not the chocolate?

I used both cocoa powder and baker's (i.e. dark) chocolate in the "double-chocolate brownie" soap I made. It smelled like devil's food cake initially, and still smells faintly of chocolate, but it's faded quite a lot in the six-ish weeks since I made it.

I want to try Deda's method of using a lot of cocoa butter. Mine had none.

NMAriel said:
What a coincendence, seeing this thread. I just cut up a slap of my Creamy Dark Chocolate Espresso soap a few minutes ago.

I've done several techniqes, and today my soap slab "literally" looks like a large piece of dark chocolate.. The entire slab was coated in dark chocolate. When I cut it up, it had a beautiful brown soap inside the dark chocolate outside layer.

Pictures?? Pretty Please?????

jadiebugs1 said:
NMAriel said:
What a coincendence, seeing this thread. I just cut up a slap of my Creamy Dark Chocolate Espresso soap a few minutes ago.

I've done several techniqes, and today my soap slab "literally" looks like a large piece of dark chocolate.. The entire slab was coated in dark chocolate. When I cut it up, it had a beautiful brown soap inside the dark chocolate outside layer.

Pictures?? Pretty Please?????

Ditto! With sugar on top!

Pass it here thanks

NMAriel said:
What a coincendence, seeing this thread. I just cut up a slap of my Creamy Dark Chocolate Espresso soap a few minutes ago. I use 100% Dark chocolate in many of my soaps. I'm friends with the owner of a very high end chocolate house, and I use the samples they recieve from around the world. The owner tastes the samples to see if he likes them, and then he gives them to me for my soap. I've always made some sort of chocolate soap, but never realized how wonderful it is for the skin until I helped out at the store. I always noticed how soft and smooth my hands were after working with the chocolate. I've done several techniqes, and today my soap slab "literally" looks like a large piece of dark chocolate.. The entire slab was coated in dark chocolate. When I cut it up, it had a beautiful brown soap inside the dark chocolate outside layer. I've already tested it, and everyone ooo'd and ahh'd. It is sooo creamy soft and soothing to the skin, and the chocolate makes your skin so soft!! This recipe and technique (today) is a keeper.

So don't be afraid of using real dark chocolate in your soap. Just start trying different ways of adding it, and you'll find the right way for you. That's what I did.
Pass the chocolate over here please I am a trainee chocolate tester. :lol:

Here's mine:

chocolate-soap-thm.jpg

My sister and I made a chocolate mint for Christmas with Coaco Powder... we always here online that people love it. Our cocoa was strong, and most people said they would eat it, but wouldn't bathe in it. Ended up being a total flop for us... It is now re-milled and topping on our strawberry soap for Valentines day.
Hope we have better luck with it this time.
:cry:

OhSoap

Oh Soap I have just flown over to your E. Shop. It is beautiful.
That gift set for holidays of soap lip balm and real chocolates in the wicker basket would thrill any chocolate lover to receive.
I wonder how long ypo have been gonig as you seem to have ironed all the wrinkles out.
Your large selection is amazing.
Mary
:lol:

bassgirl said:
That's very interesting! But does anyone have info on whether the antioxidants (like from chocolate) in soap are really beneficial to the skin?
:D

I would say yes, it is beneficial to the skin, but how much of the antioxidants are left after the saponification process, or does the lye kill it off???

Re: OhSoap

starduster said:
Oh Soap I have just flown over to your E. Shop. It is beautiful.
That gift set for holidays of soap lip balm and real chocolates in the wicker basket would thrill any chocolate lover to receive.
I wonder how long ypo have been gonig as you seem to have ironed all the wrinkles out.
Your large selection is amazing.
Mary
:lol:

Sorry that's not me, my website is not up yet.

I'm oh naturalle soaps... I just go by ohsoap for short. ><

I'm checking them out now though... /cry

Latest posts

Back