Adding Aloe to recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rssgnl27

Reaction score
I recently acquired an aloe plant. Id like to use a whole puréed leaf in a n approximately 4lb total soap recipe. I use goats milk instead of water. How much should I add and will it have any adverse affects on the soap?

You do not want to use the whole leaf. If you puree up the green outer part of the leaf it will turn brown in your soap. It is better to filet off the gel and puree it up in a blender or bullet. It will become very foamy so it is best to let it sit and settle for an hour or so. I use two large leaves in 60 oz of oils. It is also better to mix your lye with at least 50% water then add your gm and aloe into your oils before adding the lye.

I don't use any water in my recipe and normally melt the goats milk with the lye then Add my oils to that. Is there a reason you should add the aloe to the oil first? And also is there a particular reason to use 50% water too? I'd like to stick to all milk if I can

I cut off a leaf of aloe plant, wash it good and puree it in my blender. The size of the aloe used is in relation to the size of my soap batch. I add it at thin trace using a water discount. I have never had a problem using the aloe this way.

Latest posts

Back