Add aroma to a made soap bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Graham

Reaction score
Hi,

The question is: Can I add aroma to an already made glycerine soap bar?

I make 2 kg of soap the other day and bought 30ml of aroma, which I later found it was half the minimum recommended by the person who taught me. The soap is half ground oatmeal and half ground cocoa. The soap doesn't smell that good, smells more like glycerine. Rebatching it would be a bad idea because it would ruin the look.

I think of maybe cover the bars with a scented cloth or soaked with scent... It was the only thing that was missing to make it perfect :(

Sorry to say your soap is not going to absorb the fragrance after it is made. What you can do if this is m&p and you happened to pour in layers is cut apart the layers remelting and fragrancing each layer and repour. It really is upsetting when that happens to a beautifully pour batch of soap. I do not know what the max is for your fragrance so I cannot help with how much more you could safely add or if it will even smell better. Some fo's sadly do not always smell the same even when used in m&p. That is why it is always better to test small batches.

Last edited:
sad to hear it, but thanks for your help. it's going to be hard to cut the layers because they are mixed :)

Attachments

• 95013278_10163344522480257_7108148317711761408_o.jpg
    95013278_10163344522480257_7108148317711761408_o.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 10
It is a very nice looking soap. But you might be able to tediously cut it apart depending on how well the layers are running through the soap. Or just use it as is. Sometimes fragrance will surprise you and get better over time or your nose will adjust to it.

Latest posts

Back