Actually came out nice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My order from WSP finally came in and I got some red reef clay from a Facebook soap makers sale so I decided to make soap. I scented it with lilly and sea moss from Mike's fragrances. For some reason even though it's super floral, I like it!

I expected it to move like crazy fast but the fragrance was actually pretty decent with no crazy acceleration!

I soaped at ~110 F because my recipe contained palm and Shea. I also used jojoba beads, kaolin clay, Australian red reef clay and pumice powder. It is supposed to be a facial bar with a scrubby side and a gentle one. I got a partial gel but its hard to see. I'm really happy with it!

uploadfromtaptalk1435193748447.jpg

It is very pretty. It reminds me of this vanilla bean and strawberry sundae bar that a local handcrafted ice cream shop makes. Dang it, they closed 11 minutes ago.

It is yummy!And my favorite. He makes fantastic ice cream. And if you get there early enough, when he's making a fresh batch, you can hear him muttering to himself sometimes in frustration. Reminds me of when I'm soaping and something goes wrong. Also get free samples when he's been in "mad scientist" mode.

This was the first time I ever got a nice straight line. I was very patient when making this soap and I think it helped. I waited for my temps to be right and slowly reached emulsification so I wouldnt get super thick trace super fast. I also hand mixed the fragrance and colorants in so it wouldnt be so thick when I poured.

Latest posts

Back