Activated charcoal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guspuppy

Reaction score
What is the difference between simply coloring a soap with AC, and an ‘activated charcoal soap’? Is there some ..... benefit to a higher percentage of AC as opposed to simply coloring, or am I missing something somewhere?

I used to make a charcoal facial bar that was low in CO, high in Shea Butter, and high in Activated charcoal, which was a very popular selling soap for me. I also made a Charcoal Soleseif Soap that was popular. For other soaps I used AC for coloring. When making Charcoal soaps I did not use a little AC I use a lot.

I think some people like coloring with activated charcoal versus mica because it's "more natural" and has some skin benefits for acne prone folks like myself. Activated charcoal was the only additive in my acne bars and I do think it helped keep my face clear. It is a bit drying, but that's slightly less of a concern for us oily people.

I use AC as a colorant and also make a facial bar with rice milk or sometime coconut milk and I usually add in some confetti soap I really like that I think helps the soap be less drying. I love my AC soap!

Thank you everyone!! I have been super busy and not online much since posting this question. I very much appreciate all the answers!

I used to make a charcoal facial bar that was low in CO, high in Shea Butter, and high in Activated charcoal, which was a very popular selling soap for me. I also made a Charcoal Soleseif Soap that was popular. For other soaps I used AC for coloring. When making Charcoal soaps I did not use a little AC I use a lot.
Newbie here, I've made AC soap, and also used it as a colorant. As we test bars before selling, we've noticed that the black colorant (AC) runs off our hands and down the sink. Will most customers be turned off with this, or is this acceptable? Maybe I am using too much? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Back