Activated Charcoal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Who sells it? I searched and only find information about not where to buy it powdered. I have charcoal tablets but not sure if its the same thing?

I buy mine at the health-food store in capsule form by Nature's Way Herbs. Five capsules = 1 tsp. I've heard of others buying powdered activated charcoal at pet supplies stores in the aquarium section.

HTH! :)
IrishLass

Oh ok the pages I found sell them in capsules I wasn't sure if that was the one! Thank you both for responding!

Great links....thanks to both of you. How much ppo do either of you use?

Digit

I think I read that two capsules equal 1 tbs so for mp I would just add 1tsp and my rebatches 1tbs.

Hehe! Thanks! It's one of my favorites too. I love that stuff! Glad your son is enjoying it as well and that it's not too morbid....!

Kwahlne - I was wondering if you think your charcoal soap would be good for the face. But I am not talking about the items, yet. Nope, not 'til I get the word.
smiley1290.gif

Digit

LOL digit stop biting your nails! Hopefully by next week everyone will have their boxes! But yea kwahlne that soap is wonderful!

pepperi27 said:
LOL digit stop biting your nails! Hopefully by next week everyone will have their boxes! But yea kwahlne that soap is wonderful!

Ohhh, I have so much to say! This is KILLING me.

x

i hate to sound like a dummy, but obviously there is another post about charcoal-why is it used? does it turn soap black but lather white?

i came accross this by accident while looking for the best black to swirl soap with. i dont want to over-do it. i want to do a coat hanger swirl with my neon pink.

thanks!

Can anyone please let me know what are the benefits of using charcoal in soap?
As I have mentioned before my son has quite oily skin and I am willing to give anything a try to help him.
I have previously bought a face mask for him that had charcoal in it, so I presume that it can absorb oil? That face mask was an absolute mess, left towels, face clothes, everything with black stuff that didn't easily wash out!!

Theoretically, Charcoal in soap would do the same as in a filter, remove impurities or toxins.

I've never used it for acne, but it makes a nice feeling soap. Similar to adding clay.

Re: x

heartsong said:
charcoal-why is it used?
In my opinion - label appeal. Charcoal is a great filter material - well actually its very absorbent (adsorbent?) which means it can be used to remove impurities from water, odors from the air, and apparently toxins from the stomach. Some think that it can also remove impurities from the skin but I've not bought into that one yet.

heartsong said:
does it turn soap black but lather white?
Interestingly no - it doesn't really. I make an almost jet black soap and the lather has a hint of gray.

Latest posts

Back