Activated Charcoal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x

carebear: i dug up a white clay and charcoal soap pic out of the photo gallery. ( look at the fresh posts) that is basically what i'm after.

what would you suggest? it doesn't have to be pitch black just dark enough to contrast with my pink and not leave dark residue in soap dish?

is it possible?

thanks!

monet

ooh gosh, it's been ages since I've soaped it. depending on how much you pull out for the swirl I'd say about half a teaspoon per pound of OILS... but you really can judge by looking so I'd say wing it.

now I'm just going to have to make some more and experiment.

I made this a while ago.
487-1.jpg

Re: x

carebear said:
Charcoal is a great filter material - well actually its very absorbent (adsorbent?) which means it can be used to remove impurities from water, odors from the air, and apparently toxins from the stomach. Some think that it can also remove impurities from the skin but I've not bought into that one yet.

I agree, Carebear.

I just don't think it's scientifically sound to believe that this stuff can suck toxins out of us through our skin.

And if you think about it, why would it be selective and only go after toxins?

Is there evil charcoal sucks nutrients out of unsuspecting customers?

Welder - you're funny... :lol:

everyone - Thanks for this thread - I love the look of the Charcoal Swirl Soap and I really want to try this one as well.

Cheers
Lindy

I have incredibly oily skin and this soap works great. I can go an entire day without feeling like an oil slick. I used 2 tbls of charcoal per pound.

Latest posts

Back