Activated Charcoal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bf paid $4 for the 1 lb of aquarium charcoal, and really you can use it for so many things. Doesn't have to all be ground up for soap. Put it in bags and stick it around the house for odor absorption.

I wouldn't trust grinding it up in a mortar and pestle personally, and I didn't have luck with food processor (too much wasn't ground finely enough, but it wasn't a high quality one.) Coffee grinder works excellent though. I already had one thats for grinding up things such as pills for the dogs. And my dog Emma gets charcoal to help her tummy.

I've used the fish activated charcoal. A rather large jug from the pet section of walmart, it was pure activated charcoal pellets. I used a food processor to crush them. Next time I'll use my coffee grinder, I just need to find it. My bf was going to buy a coffee grinder the day we bought the charcoal but walmart was out. If it had been a better quality food processor and gone longer it might have been fine, but I ended up sifting out the best of the powder to pre-mix with my oil and then use to color the batch.
I was thinking the same thing

Back