Activated charcoal with pink clay attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derpina Bubbles

Reaction score
I really wanted to make an activated charcoal soap but wasn't game for a solid black look. Please someone tell me activated charcoal in soaps isn't just a gimmick that I've fallen for because I'm really looking forward to trying this one. The pink is pink clay (Argiletz) and it's scented with white grapefruit EO. The colours look faded in the pic because of my lack of photography skills but are really much darker.

Cheers :)

charcoal.clay.jpg

Thankyou both! I hope it does draw out toxins but wondering if one lathers up and leaves it on for a bit? Weird soap logistics. I did a quick test on a less attractive bar to see if the lather is black but it's a very pale grey off the charcoal sections. The batch is only 2 days old so not much to go by though.

Thanks all! So I should enjoy charcoal as a wonderful colorant by the sounds of it and if I get any added bonuses I'll count myself lucky.

Charcoal is my best selling soap, and people swear that it makes a difference to their skin (from skin tags to fungal infections, we get them all here!). So, maybe it does still have detoxing properties in soap. I know that my bars are quite scrubby as we make the activated charcoal ourselves and I hand mill it, but it's not 'flour dust fine', so maybe it's the extra exfoliation?

Anyway, the clay is meant to work really well with charcoal, also shares some of the absorbing properties, but also gives the bar more slip so it's smoother on the skin. And yours looks fabulous!

Hope you love it :)

Thanks for the compliments again all.

Ancel - I like what you're saying about the charcoal. Maybe the difference will be in the type used. Mine is very fine power which I bought (that's a new level of cool that you make it yourself and handmill it :shock:). I'll post back with results on if it works or not so fingers crossed.

Cheers :smile:

Wow!! Looks lovely! I also use my charcoal soap..its actualy activated carbon..n it leaves skin very clean widout drying..my pimples have reduced a lot since a month..but whiteheads n blackheads dont go..i m now using neem soap..just two days back..it feels wonderful..lets see wt r the results..your colors look beautiful.

Latest posts

Back