Activated Charcoal CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed.balaun

Reaction score
Hello again. I’ve been here for a few weeks now, and I have received some great advice from some really nice people. Thank you!

Anyway, this is my latest creation. I made my first small batch of charcoal soap. 17.3 ounces of oils/butters, to which I added 1.1 tsp of activated charcoal.

This batch was made five days ago, and (me being me 😁), I decided to try one of the smaller bars (not pictured). To my surprise, even though my lather and bubbles were nice and white, I noticed drips of dark grey dripping from my hands into my white sink!

Is this typical of most charcoal soap, or have I made another rookie mistake? Does it go away with proper 4-6 week curing? Did I use too much AC? Is this just “part of the deal” with AC soaps?

Attachments

• E0DCAD86-B2E0-4D1E-B380-A2398F390FCA.jpeg
    E0DCAD86-B2E0-4D1E-B380-A2398F390FCA.jpeg
    977.2 KB · Views: 0
Great looking soaps! What was your technique? I want to copy pay homage to you. Gray lather is normal. I don't really like gray lather, though, so lately I've been using black as an accent color, see this weekend's work .
Thank you. I did in pot swirl which was easy enough with just two colors. Your soaps look fabulous. And i won’t worry about a little gray. 😁

So pretty! I made my first batch of charcoal last weekend and was surprised by how brittle the soap was when unmolded. Yours look perfect!

Back