acrylic soap stamps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellagirl

Reaction score
I've been messing around with the laser and some acrylic, and here's what I've done so far. Haven't tried them on soap yet, cause what I have is too hard...believe me I tried! Have some lye cooling now.
The acrylic is 1/4" and then I thought I'd glue them onto wood mounts (cause I have a bunch)! Still tweaking.
Any ideas?
Thanks for looking!

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

The stamp I use is acrylic. Mounting them on some wood would work for sure. Once the soap is made wait a few days before stamping...you want the soap to be dry and semi hard so the soap doesn't end up sticking to the stamp. I use a hammer to gently tap the stamp evenly into the soap. As you have learned if you wait too long the soap will be too hard :)

I usually bevel and stamp the next day. Although... I dip mine in a little mica or other colorant first, which helps when the bars are not quite so hard.

I use a short-handled hammer and pound it on its side, gently...

Beautiful!! You should consider selling soap stamps. I know that I would buy a few!

Those are beautiful! Modern and artistic :clap:
I would even buy one, even though I have no plans of selling.
Just seems fun

I would love love love one or two or three of those.
I hope you will consider making and selling some.
Pretty please? :)

amazing! if only i can make my own soap stamps.

soap stamps

I'm going to sell them as soon as I make sure they work well, And figure out a price.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for your encouraging comments!

Latest posts

Back