Acrylic planer/beveler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my planer, and am receiving a weekly newsletter email, so I don't know why you are having problems. Have you gone to the website rather than facebook?

I have the two in one planer/beveler. I got it as a set with the cutter. I am so in love with it! Easy to use and clean. I would be lost with out it

I just got my planer, and am receiving a weekly newsletter email, so I don't know why you are having problems. Have you gone to the website rather than facebook?

Hmm odd. Yes, most messages I sent were through the website. As I'm in NZ the website won't let me buy direct.

Would this work well on cured bars?

Let me go check......................... Okay- I just tried it out on a 4-month cured bar of soap and also on a bar of soap that is over a year old (14-months), and yes, I was able to make excellent bevels on them, but it was super difficult to do so- i.e., it took way more muscle power, and it was very slow-going. If I had to bevel more than one bar of older soap like those that I just beveled, I do believe that I would most definitely need to enlist the help of someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger....... or else plan on my muscles being so sore and achy that my hubby will come home from work to find me crouched down in some corner of the house incoherent and weeping piteously like a baby. :lol:

IrishLass :)

Let me go check......................... Okay- I just tried it out on a 4-month cured bar of soap and also on a bar of soap that is over a year old (14-months), and yes, I was able to make excellent bevels on them, but it was super difficult to do so- i.e., it took way more muscle power, and it was very slow-going. If I had to bevel more than one bar of older soap like those that I just beveled, I do believe that I would most definitely need to enlist the help of someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger....... or else plan on my muscles being so sore and achy that my hubby will come home from work to find me crouched down in some corner of the house incoherent and weeping piteously like a baby. :lol:

Hahaha I love it.

Back on topic. I bought A beveler that has a changeable blade on it. Cost $26 from ETSY. the body is made from acrylic and the blade is one that comes from a electric plainer i believe. the replacement blades are about $3 on ebay.

I must need a course in beveling... lol I bought one from Etsy and am not impressed at all. How do you get the ends 'rounded'?

Irish Lass, would you show one of your soaps beveled with the item you use please.

I must need a course in beveling... lol I bought one from Etsy and am not impressed at all. How do you get the ends 'rounded'?

Irish Lass, would you show one of your soaps beveled with the item you use please.

No problemlo. Just keep an eye on this post. As soon as my hubby's hands are free, I'll get him to take a few pics of me using my beveller. It won't be very long.......

Okay, I'm back! Here we go:

What the underside of my beveller looks like:
IMG_4349KakuriRadiusPlaner640.JPG

Looking head on towards the dual blades, what my soap sees (if it had eyes) as it makes its way to the blades. I use the smaller groove on the left side when bevelling my soap.:
IMG_4352KaruriPlanerUnderside640.JPG

This is how I angle the beveller when bevelling each edge of my soap. I lay the edge right in the groove:
IMG_4353PlaningAngle640.JPG

To be continued in the next post (since I've reach my image limit for this post).............

Last edited:
Dragging my soap across the blade. The groove makes it easy to maintain the angle as I drag my soap across:
IMG_4355KakuriPlaning640.JPG

Done! My finished, rounded edges:
IMG_4357RoundedEdges640.JPG

Do you see that black knob on the top side of the beveller in the last pic? That's the adjusting knob. You can loosen it to adjust the depth of the angle of the blades to you liking (for deeper or shallower bevels), and then tighten it back up.

HTH!

No problemlo. Just keep an eye on this post. As soon as my hubby's hands are free, I'll get him to take a few pics of me using my beveller. It won't be very long.......

Okay, I'm back! Here we go:

What the underside of my beveller looks like:
IMG_4349KakuriRadiusPlaner640.JPG

Looking head on towards the dual blades, what my soap sees (if it had eyes) as it makes its way to the blades. I use the smaller groove on the left side when bevelling my soap.:
IMG_4352KaruriPlanerUnderside640.JPG

This is how I angle the beveller when bevelling each edge of my soap. I lay the edge right in the groove:
IMG_4353PlaningAngle640.JPG

To be continued in the next post (since I've reach my image limit for this post).............
hello,i cant see your images they have a red x would love to see the beveller and the edges of soap please? thank you

Latest posts

Back