acqua di gio/sandalwood combo. MAN SCENT!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd_198818

Reaction score
i have been trying to appease my friends/family/girl making alot of soaps in scents that THEY wanted. this one is for me :)

2 parts acqua di gio fragrance oil from bulk apothecary, 1 part sensuous sandalwood from bramble. this combination will be used again i assure you. it smells fantastic.

i pureed a bit of mint, hoping for just a light green shade. right now it looks yellowy in the photos but definitely has a kelpy green tint. i think when it cures and lightens some i will end up with just the color i was hoping for.

i was going to attempt a pencil line, but sprinkled the cocoa a little heavier than i thought i should have.. so i started swirling the cocoa into the bottom half of the soap. i poured some more and repeated the process. then sprinkled some more atop and swirled some more. certainly did not turn out how i envisioned..... but sorta cool.

the first pic is when it was just into the mold and freshly swirled. the rest are this morning, when i cut.

GOOOOOOD MORNING SOAPERS

IMAG2591.jpg

IMAG2614.jpg

IMAG2615.jpg

IMAG2616.jpg

Looks cool. I wish we could sniff things through the internet sometimes. Only sometimes though. Definitely only sometimes. This one of those rare forums you'd want that function on. I'd love a whiff of those soaps.

Those look great. That sounds like a great combo for a scent. Anything with Sandalwood is good!!

Looks good! I want that smell-a-vision thing too. Your scent combo sounds like something I'd like to try for my hubby. No problems soaping with either FO? I heard that BB Sensuous Sandalwood is very nice.

Love the color and the smell is probably to die for ...... tried to do a pencil line too but had the same issue. Sounds so easy but not so much :)

Looks good! I want that smell-a-vision thing too. Your scent combo sounds like something I'd like to try for my hubby. No problems soaping with either FO? I heard that BB Sensuous Sandalwood is very nice.

no problems whatsoever. they both soaped well at cool temps. i tend to do everything at room temp to give myself as much time as possible.

Latest posts

Back