accounting software

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houseofwool

Reaction score
What accounting software does everyone use?

I currently use Soapmaker 3 and hate the accounting side of it. My business set up is a bit unusual, in that all sales go through my sister's business and she takes a commission. Because SM3 does not allow for estimates, there is no easy way to track what I have sent to her, outside of using a separate spread sheet.

Additionally, I don't like the process of creating an invoice. I get a check monthly, based on sales and it it exceedingly tedious to enter an invoices when I have NO idea which batch drawn from.

I don't have the sales volume yet to justify switching to something like Quicken, but in the fall craft show season, it will easily be a couple of thousand dollars gross and I need a better way to handle sales, estimates and partial payments.

I saw that someone posted about wave accounting, which seems like a possiblity, but as I only get payments from one source, I don't intend to hook it up to my banking information.

I appreciate any information you might have.

Quickbooks can be affordable with the appropriate version. Its what I mostly recommend to my clients.

Back