Accidentally left out Coconut Oil!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LynetteO

Reaction score
I made a small batch of soap yesterday (I4oz) & for 1st time ever I weighed out my CO & set in fridge because my kitchen was hot. WRONG MOVE! I found said CO in fridge this morning AFTER cutting a very crumbly soap. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøOyVey!

My question šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø
Can I shred the new soap, add my pre-measured CO to a slow cooker or other big stainless pot to rebatch this soap successfully? Or is it too late because the saponification process has already completed?

The 1st thing Iā€™ve seen is a major color change has occurred. 1st soap was mostly uncolored batter with a light blue swirl. The FO was supposed to cause discoloration so I wanted to see exactly what the discoloration looked like. When I cut the soap missing the CO this morning it was quite white with the blue swirl nearly invisible. Now that I have shredded & placed in slow cooker, the soap is an odd pinky mauve. I wasnā€™t expecting that. I noticed that color yesterday for just an instant when I stirred the FO with a whisk that had soap batter on it. However, the batter remained unchanged in color after FO was blended into the soap.

Latest posts

Back