Accidental Egg Salad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently had weekend guests and made scrambled eggs for breakfasts as this was easiest to serve. Judging how many eggs to crack was a challenge and one morning I had leftovers. I don't throw out good food. So in the fridge they went. After company was gone I found these leftover scrambled eggs, whatever do you do with that? Now it is the way I will always make egg salad. No peeling of hard boiled eggs, no chopping and no bites of egg whites. Just tender bites of egg along with mayonnaise, onion, celery and whatever else you put in with your egg salad. Green olives are a wonderful addition. Hint on scrambling eggs. Add some milk (or water if dairy free) before stick blending to make tender instead of rubbery scrambled eggs.

If making a dozen scrambled eggs .5 can of mushroom soup makes nice creamy scrambled eggs. Full can for 1.5-12 dozen eggs. We camping we always made scrambled eggs for the whole camp and this made great scrambled eggs. Mayo in place of milk also makes great scrambled eggs. Any leftovers went into sandwiches.

Another very useful dish for company are egg casseroles. I always made up a big dish of egg casserole which included anything I had in the fridge when we went out to the islands fishing. They stayed on the counter, oh horrors, just fine and worked for breakfast and lunch. I was limited on fridge when we took the boat out and only had it when we ran the generator at night on anchor.

ETA: after reading DixieD's post I forget to mention don't use fat free mushroom soup, she is right it is the fat that makes them creamy and fluffy. We did not have fat free mushroom when we were camping years ago

I will try mushroom soup next time. I do scramble them in a little bacon fat which makes a wonderful flavour. We each have to determine our balance of fat we want to use. I thought water did just fine. They were nice and tender, but I'm sure yours would be fluffier.

My daughter was shocked when she had a friend scramble eggs IN the pan with out any Milk.
We only do scrambled eggs with Milk in it and then it goes in the pan.
I had to explain that some people do it this way, others put some Water in it.
I have never heard of those other things you all have mentioned but gives me something new to try !

Latest posts

Back