AC soap gelled despite AC!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGM

Reaction score
Here's the description of what I did.
Boy, if it'd known how much this would look like watermelon, I wouldn't have used Midnight Jasmine FO! At least it lets me know how I can easily make a watermelon soap.
Quite pleased with this...nice vibrant colour due to gel (yes!, I gelled! I have small soaps that I left out of the oven that are a bit lighter in colour; will post a pic).

I meant to get a better (well, less cluttered) photo, but it's been a number of days and I haven't so this will have to do.

Attachments

• Jasmine Confetti Soap.jpg.png
    Jasmine Confetti Soap.jpg.png
    486 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I use AC in a lot of my soaps and they all gel.
I can't access the link sorry.
@penelopejane I think I fixed the link; do you mind trying it? The AC is a joke....I'd never intentionally (nor unintentionally) gelled a soap, but the Air Conditioning was so cool the day I made this that I put it in the oven. Doesn't really have anything to do with the Activated Charcoal ;-)

@penelopejane I think I fixed the link; do you mind trying it? The AC is a joke....I'd never intentionally (nor unintentionally) gelled a soap, but the Air Conditioning was so cool the day I made this that I put it in the oven. Doesn't really have anything to do with the Activated Charcoal ;-)
Ahhh AC activated charcoal or air conditioning :)
Yes the link works now, thanks.

Boy, if it'd known how much this would look like watermelon, I wouldn't have used Midnight Jasmine FO! At least it lets me know how I can easily make a watermelon soap.
Quite pleased with this...nice vibrant colour due to gel (yes!, I gelled! I have small soaps that I left out of the oven that are a bit lighter in colour; will post a pic).

I meant to get a better (well, less cluttered) photo, but it's been a number of days and I haven't so this will have to do.

lovely soap--you chose nice colors. welcome to the world of gel :)

Thanks everyone! I was so stoked by how this one turned out that I designed one that would have a diagonal pour, 1/3 at the bottom of white/pale with pink and blue swirls and 2/3 at the top with vibrant yellow and blue, white and green confetti.
Whelp, it's still a loaf right now, so maybe there will be a miracle post-cut, but just in case not....where's that Fugliest Soap thread? I gots a contribution.

This is amazing!!! It looks so lovely and upbeat and your layers are so perfect. That pink is wonderful!!

This is amazing!!! It looks so lovely and upbeat and your layers are so perfect. That pink is wonderful!!
I know, the layers turned out REALLY WELL for how sloppy and lackadaisical I am. That is, I don't measure, I just eyeball how much to put in each colour, I don't measure colorants, just put in what I think I should, and even in what trace it gets to and how I pour it, I am far from fastidious. I mean, I *care*, I just can't get my act together on too many fronts at the same time!

Whelp, it's still a loaf right now, so maybe there will be a miracle post-cut, but just in case not....where's that Fugliest Soap thread? I gots a contribution.
I know where it is but I won't tell ya lol let's wait for the soap to surprise us :)

WOW! That is lovely!

Very nice soap.

Latest posts

Back