About to stuffa my face..Guido in the kitchen episode 2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Reaction score
Alright...on the menu tonight, Roasted lamb leg (1.68 lbs)

this is a quick one:

1st...turn the oven to 400...

Then we prep the lamb and tomatoes.

Just used the last of my rosemary growing on my patio as well as some oregano i had growing too...(about 2 springs rosemary, 1 branch of oregano)...

ingredients:

-about 1Tbsp finely chopped rosemary (my rule: fine=flavor!!)
-1tsp fresh chopped oregano leaves
-4 small tomatoes (I used salad tomatoes forgot the name but theyre soooo sweet)
-1tsp salt (morter and pestel ground sea salt)
-1tsp black pepper (morter and pestel ground as well...fresh=flavor!!)
-2 pimento seeds (again...M&P ground)
-half a head of garlic (you may want less but I could eat this stuff raw if I had to I think Id die without garlic !!!)
-EV olive oil

Ok combine all the ingredients (except tomatoes) in a small bowl with 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil and mix until all are incorporated.

Now get your lamb leg...time to season!!

shove some of the garlic cloves inside the lamb leg (keep the mesh net on it!), and spread the rest of the mixture all over all the sides of the leg and press firmly so it sticks. Fill a 10x10 inch pyrex (or equivalent) baking dish with 1/4 inch of water and put lamb in center fat side up, I also used some of the blood from the lamb for a base stock in the water as well....next i added the tomatoes around the lamb....

now once the oven is preheated put the lamb in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 mins to brown the sides, then reduce heat to 375 and cook about 28-30 mins per pound or until internal temp is about 145 (rare!) lamb is the best when its rare!!

mmmmm mmmmmmm it will make your kitchen smell good...Ok then wait 5 mins after you take it out to cut so the meat settles a bit and cuts easier...and mange!!!

time to eat...my 5 mins is OVER!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

imga1052iy3.th.jpg

they happily run to my cutting board for the honor of being part of one of my feast's :)

I give them a massage first kinda like kobe beefs (jkjkjkjk I dont and could not slaughter my own livestock...)

Latest posts

Back