About ResolvableOwl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be rude with my answer here, but does it matter? I mean, really in the big scheme of things, it seems to me that the gender of a person shouldn't matter, but more the content of their posts.
If you are unsure and don't want to ask, just use the non-binary terms of they/them. If they do not like it, they will tell you.

Not to be rude with my answer here, but does it matter? I mean, really in the big scheme of things, it seems to me that the gender of a person shouldn't matter, but more the content of their posts.
If you are unsure and don't want to ask, just use the non-binary terms of they/them. If they do not like it, they will tell you.
I was just poking fun at him/her. He/she is a rather humorous person. And, of course, his/her posts are invaluable! I could have just gone to the source and asked him/her, but I wanted to give him/her a chuckle. I am a playful kinda guy.

I was just poking fun at him/her. He/she is a rather humorous person. And, of course, his/her posts are invaluable! I could have just gone to the source and asked him/her, but I wanted to give him/her a chuckle. I am a playful kinda guy.
okay, I will respect that, but I see this type of thing so often in the real world, and I personally don't think gender bias is a joking matter. But since I'm not on this board as often as I like, I might have missed some inside back and forth, so I'll leave it be. :)

Well since we are on the topic of weird questions for specific members, I've got to ask.

@John Harris is that actually you in your avatar picture? Are you really the awesome soap making pirate you appear to be?

In the spirit of sharing, yes that is actually me in my avatar. I am a two dimensional chalk drawn melon.

Well since we are on the topic of weird questions for specific members, I've got to ask.

@John Harris is that actually you in your avatar picture? Are you really the awesome soap making pirate you appear to be?

In the spirit of sharing, yes that is actually me in my avatar. I am a two dimensional chalk drawn melon.
Yup! That is really me! Of the 9,000,000 hobbies I've drifted thru in my life, there was a time when I was a pirate re-enactor. Believe it or not, there is actually a large community of pirates in the States and Canada. A lot of pirate re-enactment events take place every year in the coastal south east USA, especially Florida. There are two basic groups of pirates: the Hollywood pirates and the strict re-enactors. I, of course, am all Hollywood. :goodbye1:

Back