A wee hello from Scotland :D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry100

Reaction score
:grin: Hi there my lovely soap makers. Ive been lurking for a few days and I thought Id better say hello to you all.

You are NEVER gonna believe what i got today???? TWO LIKES!! I am so chuffed. (scottish for happy :p)

Ive been soaping for a bit now and I got into it via a friend from Indiana. She was sending me her goats milk soaps but when the postage was increased in the US it made my soaps the most expensive in the world!! LOL so I decided to give it a go myself.

She gave me a few recipes and i was HOOKED. Unfortunately I lost the book, I was desolate and for some reason the book just never turned up again. Ive searched and searched and its just never surfaced again.

Ive tried a few different ways of soaping but ive some to the conclusion that cold process if my favourite. Ive been using a book by Anne Marie Faiola and I LOVE LOVE the stuff in that book. Ive tried an few and I will upload some pictures a bit later.... Not QUITE as good as Ms Faiola but i struggle to get the mica's to stay. They seem to turn colours :( my white turns brown in one soap and the other soap my brights dulled quite a lot in the other.

Can any recommend some good quality mica's that I can get in the UK??

You guys are so spoiled in the US with Brambleberry and other companies with their lovely molds and micas. Maybe one day I will come over and get some personally lolol ... cant help giggling at that idea ... my family already give me stick over the amount of soaping "stuff" that arrives at my door ... if i were to journey all the way to the US for micas hehehehe

Ok guys I best get going but I cant wait to meet you all :wave:

Sending much love

kerry
:wink:

Welcome to the forum Kerry. I love this place. The people here are friendly and very helpful. I'm pretty new to soaping myself and are unable to answer your question but I'm sure someone will soon

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Hi Kerry,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Your micas may not be stable in soap. Where did you buy them? You want to make sure it says "soap stable" or "stable in high pH" or something similar when you purchase micas. Hopefully, someone will come along and be able to give you info on soap suppliers in the UK. I know many people recommend http://www.gracefruit.com/ which is in Scotland.

I'm sorry you lost your recipe book. Could you contact your friend and have her send the recipes again? If not, there are recipes on the forum which can help get you started. Maybe one or two will jog your memory of your recipes and you can re-create them. We can try to help you with re-creating if we knew what oils you used, how the soap lathered and made your skin feel afterwards, etc.

hey evilnurse

Welcome to the forum Kerry. I love this place. The people here are friendly and very helpful. I'm pretty new to soaping myself and are unable to answer your question but I'm sure someone will soon

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Loving the nick Evil one ;)

nice to meet you an thanks for the welcome

much love

K
x

Hi there hazel ... how are you doing ??

Thanks for your advice regarding my not so successful trip into soaping with micas!! yesterday I was so fed up I was gonna quit!! I made a LOVELY batch in a pringles can ... colours all beautiful and no acceleration at trace ... tralala!! Then i looked at the window sill after I had cleaned up and guess what?????? Yep I forgot to add the F/O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******** One of these days Im AM going to get this right!! lolol

Gracefruit dont have many micas unfortunately .... but cheers for the tip :D

talk soon Hazel

much love

kx
ps I have started a new recipe book and Im going to keep this one on a chain!!! hehehe

OH Eveslove ... you know I have NEVER chatted to another Scottish soaper .... usually its my american buddies who are helping me out!! Nice to meet you any way girlie

sending much love

k
x

You are right there Fabius ... Its so lovely to chat with folks from all over the world about a hobby which you both share :D

Makes me happy when Im sad ;)

much love Fab

k
x

Hey skatergirl ... ive seen your posts around the board an your welcome is so lovely :D

Stay cool girlie

talk soon

k
x

WElll Imagine that!! All these months of chatting to soaper and not one Scottish then I meet two in the one day ... hehehe

So nice to meet you Ancel and I LOVE that av you have there ... looks like lovely soap (unlike mine!! lol )

talk soon sunshine

k
x

Hi Kerry! Welcome! I use this forum on my mobile and cannot add "likes" so just assume that I "like" all of your posts haha! :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

hey there Onugs ....

thanks for the welcome girlie

talk soon
k
x

Fourms are a crack up. You really don't know who your talking to. I should change my pic.
Kerry not that you would know or be expected to lol... i'm a 6'-4" 234 lbs of soap loving testosterone.
Soap x to you too ;) we're glad your here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Soap Making mobile app

Yep I forgot to add the F/O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ********

I know the agony. I've done the same thing. :lol:

I'm glad to hear you've started another recipe book. Have you browsed through the 'Soapmaking Recipes & Tutorials' section? People have posted recipes which you could try or find inspires you to formulate one of your own.

Sorry about Gracefruit. I didn't know they didn't have much of a selection of micas. I was browsing on Swift's blog and found an article about European suppliers. (Great blog, btw.) In the comments, I saw a link which lists mainly UK based suppliers. You might find some of it helpful. http://freespace.virgin.net/michele.jack/ Also, there could be more links in the comments which aren't mentioned on Captain Ethel's page so you might want to double check. :grin:

I hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back