A Very Special Soap in Memory of My Brother

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100%Natural

Reaction score
I just had to share this photo of a batch I made yesterday that will be a fundraiser for Kidney Disease. It is made in memory of my brother, John, who passed away September 21, 2012 from Kidney Disease.

He loved all things citrus and I used Lemon, Lime and Orange EOs with some natural colouring of Turmeric, Paprika and Spirulina.

Fingers crossed the colours stay put. I know the Paprika will but the other two are questionable!

It's simply called John's Soap. Moved

John's Soap 017.jpg

Beautiful! What a great way to honor your brother and wish you well on the fundraiser!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments! It will be a product I will be adding to my business and will be available full-time hopefully in the fall.

Lots of requests for it since I put the word out about it so hopefully I can continually raise money for The Kidney Foundation of Canada! If one more family can be spared our heartache then it will be so worth it!

bless your heart, what a sweet and lovely way to honor and carry on the memory of your brother! as you mixed your batch it must have brought back memories and happier times with him...and i'm sure he's looking down on you, being very touched and pleased with his loving sister! xx

bless your heart, what a sweet and lovely way to honor and carry on the memory of your brother! as you mixed your batch it must have brought back memories and happier times with him...and i'm sure he's looking down on you, being very touched and pleased with his loving sister! xx

Thank you! It was an emotional journey I wasn't prepared for that's for sure. I bounced between tears and smiles through all three batches. Now that it's been unmoulded, the smiles are aplenty with the entire family so it was worth it!

Back