A trio of soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow, talk about making soaps all over the map! I tried a soap with Nurture's Really Red as the base but I'm not certain I would do it again straight up but I might darkened or deepened a bit. It's SO red. And I still can't do a really elegant drop swirl. Then I got a soap with the second worst "stearic streaks" (in quotes because we've learned from DeeAnna that it's not really stearic) I've ever gotten. There was no uncolored or white soap in this batch. It was all black, blues, greens, purple, and yellow. It is the weirdest looking soap! Then I did a high and low water batch because I really do love the subtleties it brings to colors. It's been fun to get back to soaping after a 2 week break. And I unloaded probably 40 pounds of soap recently so I have to fill the shelves again. Yahoo!!

Number three. The background is Kombu green which is really dark but rich and then fresher looking greens. I put in a little Khaki yellow which was a mistake because it looks brown and like bruising or something. Live and learn.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I LOVE that bright red swirl soap and in general, really enjoy all the soap pics you post!

Out of curiosity... Does that red soap create red lather?

Beautiful work, as always, newbie! I love the red, black and white contrast. The second one looks like a very cool, mottled granite. The greens are awesome too. I love them all!

I love them all but the red is absolutely gorgeous! What a great colour with beautiful contrast. It looks like a very elegant drop swirl to me.

Newbie...I'd be proud to call any of this mine...the red is drop dead gorgeous and the green one is a tad Van Gogh's Starry Night...

Love those, especially the red one and the green one. The Kombu green and Really red colors you got are fantastic. An elf is putting both of those under the tree for me - I'm so excited to try them out now

Yeah, the stearic one is a bit of a bust. Par for the course though. Well, I guess I should take a poll before I rule out red base! People seem to like it although I find it a bit too....something. Maybe I will try it again with white and pink and see if it feels more gentle to me. I like the green one too. The coloration part is what I like best about high and low water and the Monet comments have now put a new idea on the agenda, with greens and blues in the water and then the pinks and greens of lily pads. I love this forum!

Enjoy your treats under the tree! It took me a while to try the Kombu green but I finally did and it's a wonderful color.

Thanks for the comments!

Your soaps - pretty they are!:thumbup: (Sorry, Yoda popped by...)

I liked all your soaps, especialy the red ones, although you yourself say you find the color a bit too much. But I liked them because they had more red than usual. Most soaps I see are not so red, and if they do they have red only in the swirls, so it was really cool to see some bars that stood out from the crowd. Any soapdish would be happy to have either one of your soaps, they look lovely.

I think your drop swirl is pretty elegant. Lovely soaps all.

When I used khombu green, I didn't get that color - it was darker, more charcoal-ish. I have to try it again - your color is great.

I really like the Really Red mica but I've never used it as the base. I think yours is stunning! Your drop swirl is drop dead gorgeous!

Those look great. I love the colors. I used a Crafter Choice red mica as a base for some peppermint soap, but it stand my wash cloth, so I was afraid to give it away.

I also first thought Money or Van Gogh when I saw the last two. The red is nice but looks more of a dark pink than red on my screen. Would make a cool Valentine's soap. Red, to me, is like a Delicious apple red.....just me, though.

Back