a slice of watermelon...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnightsoaper

Reaction score
46181553815_c74bd32869_c.jpg

I'm really happy with these! I'd be happier if I had dispersed the Really Red in oil first, I treated it like a mica (later realized it was a pigment with oxides)...I'm lazy and add micas straight to the batter. It has specks of red all over. The "red" (I combined really red with a pink mica) is really MUCH pinker in real life...not sure why this photo came out so red (it makes it look better lol).

This is closer to what the actual color is...
32147029317_348f15358a_c.jpg

The seeds are black soap dough I molded by hand. It's scented with Fresh Picked Watermelon from WSP. Which is far from accurate lol I can't decide if its watermelon flavored cough syrup or watermelon bubblegum. Still smells good, just not at all what I wanted.

My little girl wanted watermelon soap for her birthday next month :D

Just... Wow! Watermelon is my boys' favorite of all my FOs. Not gonna show them this pic as they'll insist I should be able to whip off something like this!

I'm really happy with these! I'd be happier if I had dispersed the Really Red in oil first, I treated it like a mica (later realized it was a pigment with oxides)...I'm lazy and add micas straight to the batter. It has specks of red all over. The "red" (I combined really red with a pink mica) is really MUCH pinker in real life...not sure why this photo came out so red (it makes it look better

I'm really happy with these! I'd be happier if I had dispersed the Really Red in oil first, I treated it like a mica (later realized it was a pigment with oxides)...I'm lazy and add micas straight to the batter. It has specks of red all over. The "red" (I combined really red with a pink mica) is really MUCH pinker in real life...not sure why this photo came out so red (it makes it look better lol).

This is closer to what the actual color is...
32147029317_348f15358a_c.jpg

The seeds are black soap dough I molded by hand. It's scented with Fresh Picked Watermelon from WSP. Which is far from accurate lol I can't decide if its watermelon flavored cough syrup or watermelon bubblegum. Still smells good, just not at all what I wanted.

My little girl wanted watermelon soap for her birthday next month :D
Looks great!

Just... Wow! Watermelon is my boys' favorite of all my FOs. Not gonna show them this pic as they'll insist I should be able to whip off something like this!
LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I was trying to find the video where I got the inspiration for the seeds so I could reply with it. That's the one! What I did though was just roll out soap dough into a log, wrap it in wax paper and form a point on one side. I'm not up for fiddling around with a piping bag lol The little seed logs run the length of the mold. They were really easy and only took a few minutes.

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone :D

So clever with the seed logs ... Gosh maybe I COULD make this one ...

Latest posts

Back