A simple soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A simple white soap scented with ivory soap type FO.

Attachments

• 20201025_074054.jpg
    20201025_074054.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20201024_153416.jpg
    20201024_153416.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 58
Gorgeous!
Ivory=nostaliga for me. My parents never bought it - it was my distant grandmother who did and I loved the smell of her old bathroom filled with bars of Ivory Soap. Even as a kid I thought the soap was harsh, but didn't care.

Years ago I made a citrus mix that included litsea eo, and dearly wished I had written it down - because after cure it smelled like Ivory. I wondered it I could ever recreate it.

Gorgeous!
Ivory=nostaliga for me. My parents never bought it - it was my distant grandmother who did and I loved the smell of her old bathroom filled with bars of Ivory Soap. Even as a kid I thought the soap was harsh, but didn't care.

Years ago I made a citrus mix that included litsea eo, and dearly wished I had written it down - because after cure it smelled like Ivory. I wondered it I could ever recreate it.

I got it from save on scents. Its the best dupe I've ever smelled. It might be a touch more lemony then ivory but that seems to be mellowing already.
It very possibly may be my new favorite scent, I think I need to order a pound as I could see it being a good blender too.

I also have childhood memories of ivory, it one reason I choose it over a dove dupe.

Its super easy, that was my first try.
It looks easy - I have trouble keeping the swoops even. Also, I don't think I've learned what thickness I need. Swirling tops is so fun that is what I almost always do. But an elegant soap like yours looks so great with that pretty texturing.

Your soap is simply beautiful 😍 and I'm new to soap making...just for curiosity do you have to spray the top of this soap with alcohol as I am hearing some people do? Or is it a good recipe that doesn't really need?

Your soap is simply beautiful 😍 and I'm new to soap making...just for curiosity do you have to spray the top of this soap with alcohol as I am hearing some people do? Or is it a good recipe that doesn't really need?

Thank you.
I never spray my tops or cover my soaps but I don't care if they get soda ash and since they are white, you couldn't see the ash anyways.

I bought a bar of ivory so I could compare it to the dupe FO. The ivory is a little sweeter where the dupe has a zesty note that smells like lemon to me.
Besides that, they are identical. I prefer the dupe as I like tart scents. No discoloration either.

I'll update with how well it holds over the next few months.

Back