A Silly Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likeablelady

Reaction score
Hello... I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I have a soap log that I cannot get out of the liner. I saw a great way to line the mold with wax paper on Youtube, and I didn't think I would have any trouble. I can get it loosened some, but I just can't get it all the way out. Hoping not to lose this log as I tried a 6 color in the pot swirl. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for any help provided.

Wax paper is going to give you a fit. You need to use freezer paper or I've heard of some using parchment paper. The wax paper is going to stick to your soap and be difficult to remove.

What kind of mold?

And the person did not line it with wax paper, they lined it with freezer paper. There is a big difference.

Oops... that must have been the mistake. It was a wooden mold... and now the colors bled in it too. I finally just put it outside in hopes that it was shrink a tad in the cold and come out easier.

Next time.... Freezer paper...thanks!
Wax paper is going to give you a fit. You need to use freezer paper or I've heard of some using parchment paper. The wax paper is going to stick to your soap and be difficult to remove.

It sure was.... it was all wet and stuck on the soap. Took me a while to peel it off. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used freezer paper and parchment paper; both work. Freezer paper is cheaper, however, so that's what I use for soaping.

A tip for freezer paper -- shiny side always faces the soap. If you put the dull side toward the soap, it will stick to the soap and make a mess.

Latest posts

Back