A really good smoke fragrance oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
I used Smoke today from SOS but the smell vanished. Crackling Firewood from NG is awesome but I am looking for more of a smokey smell, like woodsmoke.

You got any favorites?

I think Chipotle Caramel from BB smells like smoke. IT's dreadfully sweet out of the bottle but I could not detect the caramel and the sweet in soap; it smelled smokey with a hint of hot underneath. I would be interested to hear if other people have had the same experience.

Last edited:
I have Chipotle Caramel, have not soaped it yet, but oob it smells strongly of caramel to me, and not much else.

Mad Oils has a Smoke and Mirrors FO. I haven't tried it out myself but saw it on the FO spreadsheet... from kharmon320

light pink around edges which fades away, left with a cream
No Acceleration
earthy, woodsy, smoky, but it's masculine
Like the fragrance. Smells different but fantastic in the shower. Not sure it's very popular, but I like it. However, it smells a lot like Woolen Blanket from AH/RE and I like that one better (has more depth after soaped).

While I love Smoke & Mirrors, it's definitely more than smoke. Borders on cologne. I wouldn't think it would work for you.

SOS 'Firewood' smells just like a snuffed candle to me. There's absolutely nothing cologne-like or musky about it. I ended up using it in a candle after finding it too pure of a campfire scent to use alone in soap. Stuck very well in soap at 0.7 ppo in Ultra concentration.

Last edited:
Not that this will help much, but I bought a "Firewood" scent online from Amazon to make my Apres Ski soaps and it smells just like a woodsmoke fire. I can't sell the **** things because no one loves them but me, but still, they smell just like a smoky wood fire and go great in a two-soap pack with a hot chocolate scent.

What about a modest % of real pine tar? For a true woodsmoke scent, the Auson kiln-burn pine tar is very nice. Like Grumpy Owl says, a smoke smell is very much a love-hate thing. It's not going to appeal to a lot of people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back