A question about labeling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepibarra

Reaction score
When you put these into soap, do you have to call them; example Cool Water Type? Or can you just put cool water, and then in the ingredient list put that they are a cool water type? I am just a little confused.

I've never seen anybody say anything other than "water."

Perhaps I'll label mine DHMO. ;) (di-hydrogen monoxide, i.e H2O.)

You might want to leave off the lye because lye completely incorporates and there is no lye in the completed product. (Unless you mess up your lye calcs.)

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong!) the original poster is asking about the FO "Cool Water" being added to the soap, not "cold water".

I also believe I don't have an answer to your question! :shock:

This appears to be a product labeling question???

Perhaps there are aspects of this that are outside of my newbie experience level.

stepibarra said:
When you put these into soap, do you have to call them; example Cool Water Type? Or can you just put cool water, and then in the ingredient list put that they are a cool water type? I am just a little confused.

Are you referring to a FO or actual water. I don't put water on the label at all. If you put "Saponified Olive, Soy, etc." it insinuates that it has water and lye. If you're talking about a fragrance, don't use the brand name, its copyright infringement. Put "fragrance".

Cool Water is a fragrance that carries a copyright by a perfume/colgne company.

If you place the words *Cool Water* on your label the company w/ the copyright could technically sue you & win.

With that being said, they probably won't. They will probably never know you had their name on your label, but it does break a law.

Victorias Secret did a sweep through ebay about 4-5 years ago & any auction where the seller of an item was trying to use their copyright fragrance names (strawberries & champagne, lovesplell, secret crush, etc) was removed & letters were sent to all involved about potential lawsuits. Even auctions that said *lovespell type* were removed.

Sanrio did a sweep through etsy.

If your referring to "cool Water" FO I think there is a trademark due to the cologne, but you can put cool water scented or something of that sort

Latest posts

Back