A question about Boar fat, boar lard.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just at the that will have the smell from the testosterone when it gets heated, the meat gets the smell and I'm just not so sure about the lard
Oakmoss Absolute 10% dilution in 90% jojoba neutralizes the odor of lard & tallow. I imagine it will work for boar fat as well as any other game animal. USE RATE: 0.7% (1/4-1/2 teaspoon PPO). :thumbs:

Oakmoss Absolute 10% dilution in 90% jojoba neutralizes the odor of lard & tallow. I imagine it will work for boar fat as well as any other game animal. USE RATE: 0.7% (1/4-1/2 teaspoon PPO). :thumbs:
Thank you Zany I've made a note of that when I've done it I'll let everyone know

Hi zany, I should have asked you yesterday does it have to be inJojoba oil or can I just put the oakmoss absolute in the total oil that I'm using for the batch?

Hi zany, I should have asked you yesterday does it have to be inJojoba oil or can I just put the oakmoss absolute in the total oil that I'm using for the batch?
Or do I make it up in theJojoba and use that mixture per lb of oils

What do I mix up the oakmoss and jojoba and use that mixture per pound of oils

Thank you Zany I've made a note of that when I've done it I'll let everyone know
You're welcome. :)
does it have to be inJojoba oil or can I just put the oakmoss absolute in the total oil that I'm using for the batch?
That question brings back fond memories. When I first used oakmoss absolute, it was so thick I would dip a toothpick in to get some out to add to the oils. Once I started making a lot of soap, I made up a batch every 3 years or so. I used jojoba because it has a long shelf life.
1 oz. oakmoss absolute (warm in a hot-water bath to get it moving.}
9 oz. jojoba (sub any oil with an "indefinite" shelf life like MCT (Medium Chain Tryglcerides oil) or FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil)
Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight.

It also makes a good "anchor" for EO blends.
Used alone to fragrance soap, it has an earthy scent.

You're welcome. :)

That question brings back fond memories. When I first used oakmoss absolute, it was so thick I would dip a toothpick in to get some out to add to the oils. Once I started making a lot of soap, I made up a batch every 3 years or so. I used jojoba because it has a long shelf life.
1 oz. oakmoss absolute (warm in a hot-water bath to get it moving.}
9 oz. jojoba (sub any oil with an "indefinite" shelf life like MCT (Medium Chain Tryglcerides oil) or FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil)
Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight.

It also makes a good "anchor" for EO blends.
Used alone to fragrance soap, it has an earthy scent.
Thank you Zany,

Hello everybody well I've rendered the boar fat and very very happy with it. It was really clean and just to be sure I cleaned it 3 times and I think I only needed to do it twice. There was no odour any different from normal rendering. Unless I was just lucky this time it was an excellent product. Thank you everybody for the help you gave me.

Latest posts

Back