A plea for help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to end the story - the basket raised $150 for a very worthy cause. This particular charity raises money to support women (and men) who are dealing with breast cancer. Rather than money for research, they use the funds to help people who can't work during treatments with gas money, medication expenses, sometimes food for their families, sometimes rent - whatever is needed to help them get through a difficult time. So I'm happy it raised a bit to help.

I'll try to make a long story short. I have a friend who is a cancer survivor, and is also a part owner of a thoroughbred. Every year our local race track has a "Fillies Race for Hope" fund raising event for The Hope Chest. When I saw her last winter, we talked about the possibility of my putting together a basket for the silent auction. Through a series of messages not seen, an event coordinator who didn't follow up with me once he had the contact information, and finally hearing from her over the weekend (my kids were in town and I had NO spare time) that she would still love to have the basket (she has her own silent auction apart from the main event in a separate room). Fortunately, I went ahead and made 4 kinds of soap so I have those, but would like to include something else as well.

Here is the problem. I've dabbled (dibbled) in lotion making, but am in no way confident enough to include that. So I tried making this whipped body butter, subbing jojoba for the rice bran oil and mango and shea for the mowrah butter. It whipped up perfectly and was soft and creamy. After 20 minutes it was more like the texture of soft cream cheese, and now is a bit harder than that. Is this normal for whipped body butter? It melts and spreads easily, so maybe it is what it is supposed to be?

For the basket, I'm including 3 bars each of 4 soaps and trying to keep things horsey related they are Apple Rose, Oats and Honey - honey almond scented, Gingered Carrot with carrot puree, and Carriage Ride which is a light floral and her horse is named Carriage. I'll put in a nice towel and a rose shaped scrubbie and 2 moon cake pressed salt cakes. Any other ideas? I'd rather not do a lotion bar because I don't have good packaging for it.

If anyone has any ideas for me, please help me out. I really want this to be special for her event.

I make lotion. I have a nice goats milk lotion if you would like to add it Ill send it to you. You can decant it in your own jar or bottle ( Its a thicker lotion ) and label it or I can do that. Its up to you. I do not usually sent it until I know which scent is preferred. I can scent it if you tell me what you would like or you can. Whatever you prefer. Im happy to help as I am a cancer survivor as well. You can message me if you like. And of course if there is enough time for mailing.

I make lotion. I have a nice goats milk lotion if you would like to add it Ill send it to you. ... etc.
Hiya Redhead!

Just an FYI - POSTING TIP: To quote the post that you're responding to, click on the "Reply" button -- lower right corner, below the post. That puts the whole text into a quote box, which you can then edit to reveal just the point you are commenting on. Then add your comment below (and outside of) the quote box.

I hope that make's sense? ;)

Hiya Redhead!

Just an FYI - POSTING TIP: To quote the post that you're responding to, click on the "Reply" button -- lower right corner, below the post. That puts the whole text into a quote box, which you can then edit to reveal just the point you are commenting on. Then add your comment below (and outside of) the quote box.

I hope that make's sense? ;)

Yes - I know lol I have no idea what happened! Hahaha - I saw that it added it to your quote instead of being a reply. Nevertheless, I didn't realize you were so close to the actual event. Im more then happy to help in any of these endeavors in the future. I'm also a survivor and I live a life of gratitude. My son received a kidney for his transplant from a perfect stranger and is doing very well so I always want to pay it forward. Count me in next time.

Back