A Newbie Question...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetpea

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am fairly new to soapmaking, and I'm sure I will have quite a few questions. I have been experimenting for about the past 6 months with making soap, and it's been going well so far. The way I have been making most of my batches is by using a blender and then pouring from the blender into a silicone baking pan and putting the soap in the oven for 1 hour to speed up the process. After 1 hour, I transfer the baking pan from the oven to a sterile tupperware bin, and let the soap sit for 1 week before removing it from the pan. Does anyone else do it this way? Do you feel that cold process is the best way without using the oven? If anyone could give me some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

I saw that online somewhere- a woman was selling a booklet about making soap in the blender using small, one pound batches. It would basically be them same as using a stick blender but I have had too many instances where I have twisted the pitcher the wrong way too hard and my smoothie drops out all over the counter and me (and usually the dog and cat underfoot). I wouldn't want this to happen with raw soap. But I'm sort of a klutz, so it if works for you awesome.

~Andria

I've seen this done online somewhere also, and have read about it too. Like black squirrel says, it's basically mixing like using a stick blender, only in the confined space of a pitcher. My biggest worry would, of course, be adding the lye solution. Anytime you add a hot substance to a blender, it heats up and causes the top to want to "blow off" so to speak. If you were room temp. cold processing everything, this would not be an issue. I think it would be OK, as long as you poured at light to medium trace.

Paul.... :wink:

I've used my KA when I made whipped soap. I had to work to not splash my mixture all over.

Back