A new reptile friend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I have a new little friend to introduce.

A good friend of mine couldn't keep her baby bearded dragon and asked me if I wanted him.
I have years of experience with beardies, sort of the local expert so to speak.

She dropped him off last night, I had his cage all ready and warmed up. Only had a little time to meet each other before lights out so today will be getting to know each other.

Not the best pictures but he was scared and I didn't want to bother him too much. Beardies are well know for sleeping in really odd positions.
When I checked him this morning, I found him hanging from a small dowel. Hoping he finds the fleece cave tonight.

@cmzaha you should like this one better then my others🤣

Attachments

• 20210411_204233.jpg
    20210411_204233.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210412_035004.jpg
    20210412_035004.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 30
Congratulations. your new youngster is so adorable and of course, I am jealous since love Beardies. If we ever get to our final move I just might add a Beardie or two to my collection. They are just so friendly and fun. My girls each had Beardies after their iggies went to their big land in the sky to play together. I am going to get you to go Tropical Arboreal yet, even though they are a pain to set up. When you do I will have a friend for you. :nodding:

I do like looking at the pictures of your Corns, which the beautiful colors just not so much the eight-legged critters but I am getting better. :D The pics of the Metallicas were gorgeous and still on my phone!!

ETA: I just saw the new pics, how old? Still looks to be a juvie, but looks to have been cared for. Silly lizzy it could have found a nicer place to sleep!

Oh, such a pretty thing! he reminds me of the Horned Lizards of my home Okie land. I like him!!
They remind me of horned lizards also, which we have in our CA deserts. I loved catching them as a kid, keeping them for the weekend in a box then letting them go when we left. I would only keep them overnight so no one get upset.

@cmzaha they really are such great reptiles. I've had them on and off for nearly 20 years now.
Not sure of his age, my friend had him two months and he didn't really grow much in that time. He probably is 3-4 months.
He wasn't cared for well at all, I'm actually really surprised he isn't underweight. His little body isn't much bigger then my thumb, he really should be double the size by now.

I'd love to have a arboreal at some point. It will have to wait until my daughter gets her temporary house build and can take back her 25+ tarantulas and snake.

All my space is just about taken up and the rhombodera are hatching today.

Oh, such a pretty thing! he reminds me of the Horned Lizards of my home Okie land. I like him!!

What's his name??

Thanks, no name yet, need to make sure I sex him right and see his personality. I have a extraordinarily hard time naming lizards.

Oh my goodness he is tiny. In the other pic, he looked much larger so I was confused when I saw the little one on the stick, and does not necessarily look 2-3 months old in this new picture. Pictures are so deceiving, but your thumb is not. Fortunately, the little guy or gal does not seem to have MBD or Dehydrated, its legs and tail look good, also does not look bloated. I wish the little one well and guess it will thrive under your good care.

We had a female Iggy we rescued from a pet shop many moons ago that was in bad shape, she never grew to full size but lived over 10 years and was a sweetie. I am sure her growth was stunted due to poor nutrition which is also why she had lost some toes. It took a lot of convincing but they finally gave her up to us.

Have fun separating all your Rhomboderas today, there goes your day. :dance:

Have fun separating all your Rhomboderas today, there goes your day. :dance:

Oh no, mom has the ootheca not me. She is leaving them together for a couple days, weed out the weak.
I do need to finish putting together little cups though.

As much as I like mantid, I'm honestly tired of taking on other peoples critters.
My brother is the one who ordered the oothecas but he hasn't prepped any cups. Figured he'd just give me the hundreds of extras.

Oh no, mom has the ootheca not me. She is leaving them together for a couple days, weed out the weak.
I do need to finish putting together little cups though.

As much as I like mantid, I'm honestly tired of taking on other peoples critters.
My brother is the one who ordered the oothecas but he hasn't prepped any cups. Figured he'd just give me the hundreds of extras.
Oh, I must have read wrong, I thought you had the Oothecas. I realized your brother ordered one and if I remember they sent him extras. How sweet of them...not. That is why I do not want to raise Mantids, just too many to deal with, I agree with your mom let the strongest survive. :nodding: My daughter was known to do that after her first couple rounds of hatchings.

AWE. I swear, if you look at the before and after pics, he's smiling now! Even his eyes look brighter. Such a cutey.

Thanks guys, he is such a sweetie even if he does have cheeky days.
He's growing so fast, getting ready to shed already even though he was just finishing a shed when I got him.

I'll make sure to post shed pictures, often it looks like they are exploding with skin everywhere

Attachments

• 20210423_073037.jpg
    20210423_073037.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back