A new design

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumabrew

Reaction score
I was experimenting and was trying to get a tie dye style in the soap.

I used about 60% of the batter as a base white and the remaining 40% was split between 5 colors. I poured the colors in alternating dark and light pattern into one area of the bowl (all the yellow then all the blue then all the red then all the purple then all the green). Then poured into the mold from the side farthest away from the color spot. The lines on the surface are from my cutter and will be planed smooth once a bit harder.

All comments welcome.

Attachments

• tie dye soap 1.jpg
    tie dye soap 1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 121
  • tie dye soap 2.jpg
    tie dye soap 2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 124
  • tie dye soap 4.jpg
    tie dye soap 4.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 125
  • tie dye soap 5.jpg
    tie dye soap 5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 127
  • tie dye soap 6.jpg
    tie dye soap 6.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 99
As you can see by my profile picture, tie-dye soap has been a quest for me as well! You did great, I love it! You have so many different looks from one soap loaf!

Very nice job! I love this look and the color combo! So when you poured into the loaf mold did you move the bowl from one end of the mold to the other or keep it stationary in a corner or at an end?

I love them! I love the vibrant colors! I did a tie die once. I find the best way to do that design is to do a column pour, and then swirl like crazy!

I did it once. I am going to see if I can find the picture. But my colors were pastel ish.

Latest posts

Back