1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice

A new design

Discussion in 'The Photo Gallery' started by Traumabrew, Apr 24, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Apr 24, 2018 #1

    Traumabrew

    Traumabrew

    Traumabrew

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    111
    I was experimenting and was trying to get a tie dye style in the soap.

    I used about 60% of the batter as a base white and the remaining 40% was split between 5 colors. I poured the colors in alternating dark and light pattern into one area of the bowl (all the yellow then all the blue then all the red then all the purple then all the green). Then poured into the mold from the side farthest away from the color spot. The lines on the surface are from my cutter and will be planed smooth once a bit harder.

    All comments welcome.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Apr 24, 2018 #2

    mommycarlson

    mommycarlson

    mommycarlson

    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2016
    Messages:
    655
    Likes Received:
    684
    Location:
    East Central Iowa
    As you can see by my profile picture, tie-dye soap has been a quest for me as well! You did great, I love it! You have so many different looks from one soap loaf!
     
  3. Apr 24, 2018 #3

    lsg

    lsg

    lsg

    Staff Member Admin  

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Messages:
    10,576
    Likes Received:
    3,680
    They all look great, but I really like the second picture best.:)
     
  4. Apr 25, 2018 #4

    CaraBou

    CaraBou

    CaraBou

    Lifetime Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,922
    Likes Received:
    2,957
    Very lively - nice job!
     
  5. Apr 25, 2018 #5

    Christy Moss

    Christy Moss

    Christy Moss

    Member

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2018
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Virginia
    I think it’s reallu cool!!! Very creative. Thanks for sharing. I may try this.
     
  6. Apr 25, 2018 #6

    lrpolillo

    lrpolillo

    lrpolillo

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2018
    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    88
    I want to try this. Thank you for sharing
     
  7. May 27, 2018 #7

    soap1daze

    soap1daze

    soap1daze

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2014
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    64
    Very nice job! I love this look and the color combo! So when you poured into the loaf mold did you move the bowl from one end of the mold to the other or keep it stationary in a corner or at an end?
     
  8. May 28, 2018 #8

    SunRiseArts

    SunRiseArts

    SunRiseArts

    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2017
    Messages:
    1,673
    Likes Received:
    1,504
    Location:
    Texas, USA
    I love them! I love the vibrant colors! I did a tie die once. I find the best way to do that design is to do a column pour, and then swirl like crazy!

    I did it once. I am going to see if I can find the picture. But my colors were pastel ish.
     
    Lin19687 likes this.

Share This Page