A member new to soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristus_Apollo

Reaction score
Hello from Texas. I made my first batch of soap yesterday while at lunch from work. I work from home so that made it a bit easier.

A friend last Christmas had given my wife and I a couple small muffin-shaped blocks of soap she made that included shea butter. It was so much better than store-bought soap that I've used it ever since until I ran out recently. I'd asked her to make us more but with an almond scent and I'd pay her. She never got around to it so this week I said, I'll make it myself!

I used cold processing and the shea butter recipe found in "Smart Soapmaking" by Anne L. Watson. I purchased a cheap silicone with a wooden frame mold from Amazon and simply covered the top with a scrap piece of wood to keep the heat in. This morning I de-molded and cut it up and now it's curing. Looks wise it turned out better than I expected. And boy does our garage studio where it's curing smell wonderful :D

I thought you were right, but a little searching found them in the Photo Gallery in a thread called First Soap. I do recall that yesterday it was only one thread, wasn't it?

You are correct. It was only one thread yesterday. I'm guessing because it had pictures added an admin moved it to the photo gallery?

Back