A lot less hateful!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I'd like to thank everyone for the support. I'm sorry I didn't reply, but spur of the moment (so like me), I decided to unplug for a few days. I took a step back from everyone, and everything, and did for myself. Things that I have put off, whether to make someone else happy, or used my "craft" fund for someone other than myself, or dropped whatever I was doing to do for someone else. I just said no. It was hard at first. I think my family was in shock...lol... but it has helped me tremendously! I also finally put my foot down and TOLD DH I wanted a vacation. We've been married almost 2 years, and for the same reasons above, have never taken a honeymoon trip.
Yesterday, I soaped myself silly, and made 5 batches. And I felt GOOD.
Only hiccup in my plan was a couple days ago stepson smacked stepdaughter in the forehead with a wooden baseball bat...hospital trip ensued...long story short, she's got a REALLY hard head, and he's grounded with no electronics for a month, and his allowance is helping to pay the part of the hospital bill that insurance doesn't cover.
So now I know I'm ready to take whatever life throws at me :)
Thanks again for the support! It really means a lot!

Those moments are important for your inner self . we get too busy with a bunch of external things that we slowly suffocate our inner center. Kudos for you that you got to things that you wanted to do . Sorry to hear about the step-children accident .

Yep, I have finally learned that you teach people how to treat you. If you let them eat into your "me" time and resources, then they will soon cease to exist. And if you have the nerve to stand up for yourself, then YOU are the bad guy. Best to start as you mean to go on. Lay those expectations out in clear language on the front end, and make sure they are met. That way no one is shocked when you stand up for yourself.

Back