A little peeved with the booth I saw today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CookBookChef.. haven't seen you on here but the way you explain yourself is kinda funny and interesting.. lol

Nice to meet you Jenneelk!!

so often forums get to serous and although we are talking about something that is truly important, I am the kind of person who likes to say things in a lighter manner. I used the concept of Church because ya, it was not an expected thing to say yet showed that we are all unique and we are ALL just trying to find our way in this world no matter who you are or what you are looking for.

Like this he he...

I LOVE Root beer, but my Dad Loves something called Barq's Root beer. To me it tastes nothing like root beer. I actually get sick to my stomach if I even have a sip of my Fathers Root Beer. Saying that, I can drink my weight in A & W Root Beer. Now are they both Root Beer? yes, but we are different people and so like different things. In-fact, I buy from a place that offers such a wide variety of Root Beer....Beverages Express!!
http://www.beveragesdirect.com/Ultimate-Root-Beer-Sampler.aspx

Here is what the add states for Root Beer

Description
The word "ultimate" couldn't describe this root beer sampler better! The Ultimate Root Beer Sampler lets you taste a wide variety of root beers from all around the country. We continually mix 12 different root beers from our large selection of gourmet sodas.

I have already ordered and received 3 different SETS of (12) and have enjoyed them ALL...but give my my Fathers Root Beer-Barq's, and I will get SICK!

Just like the Thread Starter can not stomach the thought of Naked Soaps!
Is she wrong? NOPE
And am I wrong for wanting to attend A Naked Soap booth (or own a similitude Naked Booth myself-such as my Naked Chocolate Booth)? NOPE

We are all different and we all know what floats our boat!
Speaking of floats...I suddenly have a hankering for a Root Beer Float. Wana join me :)

I was just coming at the issue from the point of view that whether I agree or disagree, the only soapmaker that I have any control over whatsoever.....is me. I'm saddened by the fact that so many people get into soapmaking thinking they're going to make some fast money. Ha! If they sell an inferior product, and customers get turned off to handmade soap, hopefully they won't get turned off to ALL handmade soap, and will at some point give it a chance again. It just makes it harder for the rest of us to convince customers that ours is really good stuff. I just do my thing and let them do theirs, and hopefully some of their disillusioned customers will head on over to my booth!

I do hope you meant tongs. I had a crazy mental image of hundreds of people trying to lift chocolates off trays using only their tongues, a la dunking for apples at Halloween. :lolno:

I do hope you meant tongs. I had a crazy mental image of hundreds of people trying to lift chocolates off trays using only their tongues, a la dunking for apples at Halloween. :lolno:

Lets leave it at Tongues....Ha Ha....that sounds super fun to me :)

I hadn't thought about it but I like the idea of selling in bulk; by weight. It makes a lot of sense strictly from a cost vs profit point of view. A lot of people are becoming accustomed to purchasing a wide variety of food items in bulk. Items that are mostly sold at organic or health food stores. There is support for the idea. In my area they are still complaining about bringing their own bags so I don't know if they are there yet, but in metro areas with stores like Whole Foods they may adapt to the concept quickly.

Latest posts

Back