A little help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pametan

Reaction score
I made this oatmeal honey soap yesterday. It has these little yellow/brown specs all over. I used colloidal oatmeal and it has always blended well. I've never used honey before but I've seen pictures of soap with honey and haven't seen these specs. I also used little bits of left over oil in my bottles. I would think it would be unusual to havr DOS on the inside of the loaf only 24 hour post pour but I don't know what these specs are. I dont mind the way they look, just wondering what they are. What do you think? Thanks for your help!

1488244613940.jpg

Not that I'm doubting the oatmeal possibility (for it could definitely be that, too), but I just wanted to mention that I've had honey do that to me in the past (honey spots), but not anymore since I started adding the honey to my cooled-off/room temp lye solution instead of to my oils or at trace.

IrishLass :)

Thanks guys! The honey was added after trace maybe that was a problem. The oatmeal has never done this before. So long as it doesn't get worse and smell bad like DOS. I just don't want the bars to be ruined

Back