A Joy of Spring

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so wonderful when the world wakes up in the spring. I look forward to seeing this every year.

IMG_20160417_111256063.jpg

Allow me to retort. This happened yesterday. Actually, it's still happening.

Happy Spring. Sigh.

The path I dug out this morning so my collie can go to the bathroom. It's well over her head. Oh, you could see asphalt about an hour ago, but it's, you know, snowed since I dug it out.

IMG_0290_zpsci6ydz9w.jpg

My driveway where my F150 is parked at the top so I can dig it out easier.

IMG_0291_zpslqkfvwso.jpg

My back deck. The BBQ is the higher white blob on the left. I guess I won't be grilling this weekend.

IMG_0293_zpsjszwkcc6.jpg

There is a price to be paid for living in the woods. That's why I live "down low" now. The strawberries are in bloom and the apples are about half done with their bloom. The deer have even stopped coming by for their hand outs.

I love this time of year! Still cool enough to get out and enjoy but not so hot that it takes my breathe away.

Checked to see if I had any spring pictures on my phone. I didn`t. Need to take some and come back to this thread: )

Allow me to retort. This happened yesterday. Actually, it's still happening.

Happy Spring. Sigh.

Oh girl! You must hate us right now! Although I'm a bit jealous of you. Looks like you got more in that one fall than we got all winter combined!

Dibbles, I'm guessing maybe crabapple? Whatever it is, it's gorgeous.

Snappy...OMG, I saw that on the news this morning. We had some last week, but nothing like that. Yikes!

I'm sensing magnolia....but a close up would clinch the deal....second guess would be a amelanchier...shadblow or shadbush...

I'm sensing magnolia....but a close up would clinch the deal....second guess would be a amelanchier...shadblow or shadbush...

You are correct - it is a magnolia. No big blossoms like the southern varieties, but I do love this tree. I like how it is covered with blooms before it gets any leaves.

Latest posts

Back