A Great Book!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEASoapWorks

Reaction score
I've been reading and studying. Of course, I have The Soapmaker's Companion. It's the standard, but I like this one even better:

Smart Soapmaking, by Anne L. Watson.
It's a very up-to-date publication, written in plain english, without a whole lot of technical stuff, that will scare you. The book, doesn't have a lot of info on re-batching, but there are other books that can cover that. She has a resource section, to help with finding supplies. It was just an excellent read. I finished it, in two days. Couldn't put it down.

I'm going to use her CP technique, when I make my first batch (in the next few weeks, when I get a break from the brides).

Tracey, I have not had the privilege to read that book, but it sound wonderful! I love cp soaping. I actually do RTCP now, for the last year or so. You are starting correct, reading, learning, exploring BEFORE you attempt that first batch. So many just jump" in and get burned out, sometimes physically burned out too. Keep up the research, you are doing great! Kudos! That is what I did for the first 4 or 5 months, read, look up web sites, join forums like SMF, chat with knowledgeable soapiers...it paid off I think.

Paul... :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Tracey, I have not had the privilege to read that book, but it sound wonderful!

Paul,

It's a gem. Now, she challenges some of the common "soap theology" about CP, but she's on point.

NEASoapWorks said:
Soapmaker Man said:
Tracey, I have not had the privilege to read that book, but it sound wonderful!

Paul,

It's a gem. Now, she challenges some of the common "soap theology" about CP, but she's on point.

Sounds like it! I go over the 30% coconut oil rule in my favorite recipe. It never is itchy to anyone who uses my soap.

Sometimes, "rules" like that are meant to be challenged and explored. It's all about oils synergy I feel. The right oils to the right oils!

Back