a good set of scented soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait. What?? There are people that don't like lemongrass????? lol
:)
I think it was the girl's perfume giorgio that turned me off. It has a pledge smell to me. For a while I was always like "what smells like pledge??" Then I realized it was her perfume. Regular lemon doesn't bother me, but the lemongrass does. I dunno. Ppl buy it or request it. In my head I'm like ew really?

I think it was the girl's perfume giorgio that turned me off. It has a pledge smell to me. For a while I was always like "what smells like pledge??" Then I realized it was her perfume. Regular lemon doesn't bother me, but the lemongrass does. I dunno. Ppl buy it or request it. In my head I'm like ew really?
Yeah, I get it, scent preferences are so idiosyncratic. But I just know in my heart of hearts that one whiff of my "Spring Clean" and you'll be converted! :)

I would probably consider an oatmeal milk and honey scent as one of the 6. Maybe instead of the tobacco bay leaf.
interesting... why you pick that?
Yes, Spring Clean is rosemary/lemongrass.
just saw from your past posts ... it 45% lemongrass, 45% rosemary and 10% cedarwood?

i assumed those percentage convert to weight to make a batch of 100g in total for example... 3% of oils/butters to be the weight taken from 100g "spring clean" mixture?

interesting... why you pick that?

just saw from your past posts ... it 45% lemongrass, 45% rosemary and 10% cedarwood?

i assumed those percentage convert to weight to make a batch of 100g in total for example... 3% of oils/butters to be the weight taken from 100g "spring clean" mixture?
Yes, 45% lemongrass, 45% rosemary and 10% cedarwood. Total weight of essential oils is 5% of total oil weight.

Yes, 45% lemongrass, 45% rosemary and 10% cedarwood. Total weight of essential oils is 5% of total oil weight.
oh you can go that high at 5% ... usually was told max up to 3%

For me, 50% lemongrass 50% litsea is the universal favorite. I smell more of that than anything else.
even better than some lemon type FO?

Last edited:
I have to check with my canadian soapers on fb... i remember someone said the OMH doesn't really smell all that good from a place..smell like mostly almond and low other smells.. not sure where the person got it from.. have to ask
The OMH from Nurture Soap has a very almond smell to me, but I rather like it. Then again, it’s the first and only one of that scent that I have purchased.

oh you can go that high at 5% ... usually was told max up to 3%
You are in Canada - I don't know if your max usage rate is different than in the US. I think the max usage rate in the UK and the EU is 3% (assuming that is the safe IFRA usage rate as well). You need to know the regulations for Canada.

In Canada we follow the IFRA limits to amount that can be used and run the essential oils mixture through eocalc. For example lemongrass can only be used at 3% but Rosemary can be used up to 5%. I have a question though, I have never mixed fragrance oils or added an essential oil to a fragrance oil so if I had a fragrance that doesn’t hold up through the cure and wanted to add another FO or EO, can I use 5% of a FO (if follows IFRA) and add an essential oil, how much can I use of both.

Back