A good morning's work

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robosqu1d

Reaction score
Hi
Here are the results of some quiet time yesterday morning. I'm quite pleased with both of the soaps! On the left - black, white and pale green with bergamot and palmarosa EOs (real shame I didn't have any mint or apple fragrance oils!) and the ones on the right have a little red colour with some ylang ylang EO (will definitely have to order in some raspberry or strawberry).

The boxes are designed by me and my husband, who has access to a laser cutter.

Both soaps contain coconut milk which curdled a little despite refrigerated and then placed in a big bowl of cold water whilst the lye was mixed in. Will this cause problems with rancidity later on?

IMAG0786.jpg

IMAG0789.jpg

Those are some fun soaps! I like the colors and swirls.

I actually freeze my milks in cubes, I find it works really well in keeping it from doing anything funky.

Very pretty soaps, especially the pink one. Your milk wasn't curdling, that was the fats in the milk starting to saponify. All perfectly normal.

The soaps are gorgeous! And the boxes....OMG.....are you going to put soaps in them? What an incredible gift that would make!

I love the pink soaps ! All your soaps are looking really pretty and THE BOXES !
They are so gorgeous ! It's truly an art on its own too !

Thank you! So glad you like them. The boxes hold two small soap bars, and yes, they will be used as gift boxes for the soaps.

Pleased to hear that my 'coconut milk' experience is normal; that's a relief. I was worried that they'd go weird or smelly or something.

Gorgeous soap and boxes!

I especially love the coloring on the round bars. They look like beautiful disks of marble. Well done!

IrishLass :)

gorgeous boxes! lucky you can make these yourself!

the round soaps are lovely, nice marbling effect..

Love your soaps & soap boxes!

I have made several batches of soap with coconut milk and had no problem of rancidity what so ever. I made a batch of soap more than a year ago with coconut milk(50%) and carrot juice(50%) but it still looks good. No DOS or rancidity - so far:).

The soaps are wonderful and the boxes are out of this world. I want a laser cutter now, lol!

Latest posts

Back