A good dictation app?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyago

Reaction score
I've been poking around the app store but haven't found something that sounds like what I want. I'm looking for a dictation app that would translate my dictation to text and time stamp it. I figure this has to exist but I may not know the terms to search or the apps primary function are other than what I'm looking for. So the ideal app would take my dictation and time stamp my notes and have a decent interface for filing those notes. An example of this would be while making soap. Something like a time stamp
10:15:23 "100g OO added to pot"
10:16:30 "50g CO added to pot"....
get the idea? I always think of Deana Scully dictating autopsy notes.

Search "voice to text". A ton came up for me.

Yeah I've seen a ton but most are aimed at texting or taking dictation of speech with multiple entries. So far nothing easier or better than a pen and pad. What I'm looking for that I haven't found is something that runs Timestamp, Note, Timestamp Note.... I suppose I could just voice-text myself over and over but that seems like a pain and apple makes it really hard to export text messages into any usable form.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.
https://speechlogger.appspot.com/en/
That might work if I dictated all my notes then used it to transcribe the audio files but I was hoping for something a little easier.

Hubby uses Dragon when he's writing an article. But I THINK it has to be connected to his PC while in use and I don't know if it has the time stamp feature you want. So....this info may be completely useless to you, Boyago! :Kitten Love:

Back