A good colorant?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also would be wary of liquid colors for CP soap. I've discovered that liquid colors in candlewax are rarely more than pastel because the color is diluted by the white wax. I imagine it would be the same for oils in soap. For the same amount of money, you can get about 20 5-gram bags of mica at Nurture Soap (and free shipping over $30), so you can put together a nice sampler for yourself with the colors you want.

I don't know if there is a specific reason you are looking at liquids, but if you are just experimenting with colors, I find Nurture's 5 gm bags have enough colorant for several batches.

I also would be wary of liquid colors for CP soap. I've discovered that liquid colors in candlewax are rarely more than pastel because the color is diluted by the white wax. I imagine it would be the same for oils in soap. For the same amount of money, you can get about 20 5-gram bags of mica at Nurture Soap (and free shipping over $30), so you can put together a nice sampler for yourself with the colors you want.

I don't know if there is a specific reason you are looking at liquids, but if you are just experimenting with colors, I find Nurture's 5 gm bags have enough colorant for several batches.
Yes Nurture Soap has sample sets of their popular basic color of micas. That's what I started out with and love Nurture Soap micas!

https://nurturesoap.com/search?type...ions[unavailable_products]=last&q=mica+sample
I'm really tempted to get the All Mica Sample Set, Then I'd have ALL the colors!!!!!!

I also noticed that I think WSP sells liquid colorant ready to use - mostly for make-up applications, but when adding the ingredients to SM3- I realized they are just mica's pre-dispersed in oil in a nifty little squeeze bottle that you have to shake forever. I forget which oil...maybe sweet almond oil? I couldn't imagine using them for soap. Doesn't seem cost effective.

I'm just looking for a cheap way out. Unfortunately, I am in Canada and Nurture is in Indiana, I believe.

I *believe*, and I could be wrong, but I thought she shipped internationally.

That being said, if that's not the case, then you are much better off with the set of small micas you posted about a week or so ago. I bought the same or very similar set as that when I was just starting out with CP soap, before I discovered the forum, Nurture, etc. And it was OK. The colors are just not vibrant.

Latest posts

Back