a gallon of propylene glycol and Myristic acid (purchased 2017) ? not sure what to do

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovebathing

AeridesGeneralStore
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought these items that are quite full still and I am not sure if they are still ok to use. Does anyone know or have experienced on what to do with these items?
a gallon of propylene glycol and Myristic acid, 8oz left or so (purchased 2017)?
Not sure if I have the time to be making more of my own melt and pour these days...

jaydee

There should be a lot number on the bottle. If you contact the supplier you bought them from they should be able to give you an expiration date. At least then you would know if you can store them awhile longer until you have time to make M&P base.

There should be a lot number on the bottle. If you contact the supplier you bought them from they should be able to give you an expiration date. At least then you would know if you can store them awhile longer until you have time to make M&P base.
Thanks! I just am way too tired these days to make anymore things. My mistake to have ordered so much PG :( I think brambleberry use to carry PG, but I searched today and they dont' carry it anymore.

From what I've read, a lot will depend on how it was stored, and whether it included certain ingredients.

You have a lot of other soapers in your area, so you might put it up on CL or FB Marketplace with the date disclaimer, and see if anyone wants to give it a try. People also use PG for vaping, apparently.

From what I've read, a lot will depend on how it was stored, and whether it included certain ingredients.

You have a lot of other soapers in your area, so you might put it up on CL or FB Marketplace with the date disclaimer, and see if anyone wants to give it a try. People also use PG for vaping, apparently.
That some do. I don't vape mind you but I've read up on it.

The IPM will be fine, it is a synthetic oil with an extremely long shelf life, used in place of mineral oil. It is fantastic to cut the greasiness in body butters and solid type anhydrous lotions. PG is also used for cutting fragrance when making incense sticks.

I purchased full gallons of Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Isopropyl Myristate aka IPM, and Bubble Up aka Cocamidopropyl Betaine a month before Covid hit now I have decided to shut down. Bad timing.

Folks, you're violating the rules here for member advertising. This needs to be in the correct forum with a disclaimer.

If you want to do this by PM, no one's gonna stop you, but you can't advertise and negotiate publicly like this without following the rules.

It's also a smart idea to never provide an email address in a public forum.

Thanks for letting us know we are in the wrong area of this community loving forum. However the recipient reached out to buy them from me. I wasn’t selling them if you read the very top of my thread. I will move it to classified As it appears to me others may be interested to use the product.

Thanks for letting us know we are in the wrong area of this community loving forum. However the recipient reached out to buy them from me. I wasn’t selling them if you read the very top of my thread. I will move it to classified As it appears to me others may be interested to use the product.
You were not selling them initially; but later was transacting a deal on the same thread.

Back