a gallon of propylene glycol and Myristic acid (purchased 2017) ? not sure what to do

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

ilovebathing

AeridesGeneralStore
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought these items that are quite full still and I am not sure if they are still ok to use. Does anyone know or have experienced on what to do with these items?
a gallon of propylene glycol and Myristic acid, 8oz left or so (purchased 2017)?
Not sure if I have the time to be making more of my own melt and pour these days...

jaydee

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be a lot number on the bottle. If you contact the supplier you bought them from they should be able to give you an expiration date. At least then you would know if you can store them awhile longer until you have time to make M&P base.

ilovebathing

AeridesGeneralStore
Reaction score
There should be a lot number on the bottle. If you contact the supplier you bought them from they should be able to give you an expiration date. At least then you would know if you can store them awhile longer until you have time to make M&P base.
Thanks! I just am way too tired these days to make anymore things. My mistake to have ordered so much PG :( I think brambleberry use to carry PG, but I searched today and they dont' carry it anymore.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've read, a lot will depend on how it was stored, and whether it included certain ingredients.

You have a lot of other soapers in your area, so you might put it up on CL or FB Marketplace with the date disclaimer, and see if anyone wants to give it a try. People also use PG for vaping, apparently.

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, a lot will depend on how it was stored, and whether it included certain ingredients.

You have a lot of other soapers in your area, so you might put it up on CL or FB Marketplace with the date disclaimer, and see if anyone wants to give it a try. People also use PG for vaping, apparently.
That some do. I don't vape mind you but I've read up on it.